Thursday, August 11, 2011

Car Shopping

Car shopping brings dread for a lot of people… me included and I LOVE cars! I like learning about them, I like driving them, I like to compare them and even with those likes I still dislike buying cars. 


There's so many unknowns when it comes to car shopping. You have to make all these decisions, spend loads of money and be happy with the car!


Should I buy New or Used?


If used should I get it from a private seller or a dealer certified or a used car lot?


Do I get a car or an SUV (or a van or a Ferrari)?


What color should I get?


What options do I HAVE to have?


And about a billion more questions….


So my husband and are considering buying a new (to us) car and I thought I would share my journey with you


We finally decided to bite the bullet and get another car and the first question that he came up with was:
"What kind of car do we want?" then Answered his own question with "I'm thinking a convertible"


My first question was:
"What's our budget?" then said "We live in a place that snows for 5 months of the year we don't want a convertible!"


Here's what I know from my research / experience with cars so far



  1. New cars are becoming more affordable than used cars - when a statement like this is made what's being considered is depreciation plus the fact that most new cars are coming out with better and better warranties. However I'm still undecided on whether I want new or used… 
  2. I don't want a car older than 2008 that's about 3-4 years old
  3. It must have navigation unless the car is so incredible and for such a good deal that it's worth overlooking the navigation
  4. It needs to be a 4-door (sedan) or small - medium SUV (no Excursions please!)
  5. It should be black, silver, dark blue or white
That's my list so far. 

The next thing I'll do is go online and try to narrow down to 2 or 3 different car options. 

One I'm interested in now...

pic from here
2008 Audi A4 Quattro 

It's 4 door
It isn't too old
It has all wheel drive
And it comes with Navigation






No comments:

Post a Comment